Creamy Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 300 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese
- 100 ml heavy cream
- A bit of pasta cooking water
- Your choice of pasta (enough for 2 servings)
- Fresh arugula
- Additional cherry tomatoes for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes, and then place them in an ovenproof dish.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove.
4. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the cherry tomatoes, add the chopped garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Gently toss everything together to coat the tomatoes evenly.
5. Scatter some fresh basil leaves over the tomatoes.
6. Cover the dish with foil or an ovenproof lid.
7. Bake the tomatoes in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until they are soft and bursting with flavor.
8. While the tomatoes are baking, grate the Parmesan cheese.
9. Cook your pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Remember to reserve a small amount of pasta cooking water before draining.
10. Once the tomatoes are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
11. In a blender, combine the roasted cherry tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, and a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water. Blend until smooth and creamy.
12. Pour the creamy tomato mixture into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens slightly.
13. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat the pasta evenly.
14. To serve, plate the creamy cherry tomato pasta, garnish with fresh arugula, and scatter some additional cherry tomatoes on top for a burst of color and freshness.
15. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Enjoy your delicious and creamy cherry tomato pasta with a hint of basil, Parmesan cheese, and the vibrant flavors of fresh arugula!
Take a look at the recipe here: