- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (sourdough, whole wheat, or white)
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the Bacon:
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it becomes crispy and golden brown. This should take about 4-5 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess grease.
Prepare the Eggs:
- In the same skillet, pour out most of the bacon fat, leaving just a small amount to coat the bottom. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook them to your preferred doneness (sunny-side up or over-easy). Season the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Toast the Bread:
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the slices of bread to your liking. You can use a toaster or place them in the oven under the broiler for a couple of minutes until they are lightly toasted.
Assemble the Sandwich:
Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
Layer the bottom slice of bread with a lettuce leaf, followed by slices of ripe tomato.
Place the cooked bacon on top of the tomatoes, creating an even layer.
Carefully slide the cooked eggs onto the bacon, and season them with an extra pinch of salt and pepper if desired.
Top the eggs with the second slice of bread, mayonnaise-side down, to create the sandwich.
Slice and Serve:
- Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich in half diagonally, creating two delicious halves.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Serve your bacon, egg, and tomato sandwich immediately while it's still warm. It pairs wonderfully with a side of fresh fruit, hash browns, or a small salad.
This sandwich is a perfect combination of crispy, savory bacon, creamy eggs, and the fresh, juicy taste of tomatoes. It's a classic breakfast or brunch option that's sure to satisfy your taste buds.